I will instruct and assist with monotype,or print your edition in the media of relief and intaglio. My studio space provides two intaglio presses:
The studio has one large 3' x 4' light table and two smaller light boxes. Acrylic plate sizes: 18 x 24, 18 x 18, 12 x 16, 11 x 10, 8 x 10, and smaller. Various brayers and 4" x 16" & 4.5" x 20" ink rollers for large roll outs and blend rolls.
Collaborative assisted Workshops in- Monoprint & Monotype
Definition of Monotype- singular unique images printed from an unaltered plate(s)
Definition of Monoprint- print made from one or more plates in which there are repeatable marks from a plate with additional plates that have unique unrepeatable imagery and may result in varied editions.
Monoprint and Monotype Printing session.
5-hour session is $175. with $40. per hour thereafter.
4-hour session is $140. with $40. per hour thereafter.
These are Collaborative Printing session- the individual may produce images using acrylic plates of various sizes.
Come prepared with sketches and ideas to be more efficient with studio time.
- I will assist in the mixing of the inks, preparation of the paper, technical assistance in Chine colle’, single and multi-plate registration, blend rolls, and press operation.
- I will provide: a variety of printing paper. Special paper must be ordered allow two weeks, (contact me for types and size), various sized acrylic plates, a variety of colored inks, brushes, brayers, and other materials. A 16- & 20-inch ink roller is provided for large rollouts and blend rolls. Japanese paper for chine colle’ can be provided. You may provide your own special papers if desired. If you are interested in special process such as blend rolls, chine colle' or other techniques please notify me so we can meet and discuss this ahead of time.
A typical printing five-hour session results in 5-6 prints depending on plate size and techniques employed.
Clean-up is provided. Prints are dried under blotters and changed out every 24 hours until dry. My press chop is applied to all prints. Prints may be picked up when ready, usually within a week from printing. Shipping and packaging is extra.
Shipping & packing will be at cost.
Objective for workshop:
- Introduction to the monoprint or monotype process with a print demonstration using several techniques, and print examples.
- Produce multi-plate prints exploring various additive and subtractive methods.
- Explore mark-making and
What you will accomplish in the monotype workshop:
· Your resulting prints will represent the subtractive and additive method using brayers, brushes, rags, cotton swabs, or other techniques.
· chine colle' is also an option if there is interest in making monoprints.
Monotype Workshop (short session 4 hour)
A four-hour monotype workshop for up to 3 individuals
Four-hour monotype workshop-$140., $40. per half hour thereafter per person. Studio facilities and materials for monotype: same as above
Learn basic skills in making a Solarplate intaglio print edition. This
is a workshop consisting of two, four-hour days. You will explore making a unique composition on transparency
film using water based opaque media. Using the transparency as your positive
image you will expose a Solarplate to U.V. light which when etched with tap
water will create your matrix for printing an edition of up to 10 prints and two
proofs. Click this link for details of offering http://www.stevenchapp.com/classes-and-workshops-calendar
Studio contract fee for printing editions of etchings, dry point, engravings and relief prints.
Printing Intaglio Editions- I will print editions from already prepared zinc, Solarplate TM ,acrylic or copper plates. Wood & linoleum relief prints will be discussed to determine pricing.
Pricing for edition printing is determined from the complexity of the print, number of plates or blocks, number of colors and techniques. Price on multi plates, size of plate and specialty plates will be determined on their complexity. There is a minimum of 10 prints per edition. Minimum price per print is $25. Proofs are not part of the edition. There can be additional expense depending on the
size of the plate, paper or inks. Details to be worked out with the artist. The artist will approve any print before the edition is pulled. A proof print is pulled with the artist or shipped to the artist for approval. All shipping is at cost. Prints are wrapped in acid free paper and carefully packaged for shipment. Insurance is extra.
Works will come with a print documentation that can be copied by the artist if desired.
Inks are provided and will be included in the fee. Artist may make a selection of paper based on what is in my stock. Artist may request particular paper for edition and pay cost for it or provide their own paper if it is a suitable paper for printing.
Prices are subject to change due the cost of paper and other materials.
Black Dog Press