· Born in Kansas City, Mo. 1952, married to Lora Sager.
- 1970- Graduated from Willow Glen H.S. San Jose, Ca.
- 1978- received BS Art education Appalachian State University in printmaking and drawing.
- Received M.F.A. in printmaking and drawing from Clemson University in 1984
- Studied at the Charles Daniel Center For Urban Planning known as "the Villa" in Genoa, Italy first semester of 1983, as part of the Clemson MFA program.
- 2010 Retired from teaching visual arts at Sevier Middle School in Greenville County, S.C. since 1985.
- Taught one semester at Clemson’s Genoa Italy Campus in Italy spring of 1985
- Taught art in the public schools 1979-1982, 1985-2010
- Taught printmaking and drawing classes at the Greenville County Museum of Art
- Taught in the Fine Arts Center’s Summer Explore the Arts Program for 12 years.
- Taught printmaking independently to area artists and teachers in personal studio.
- Printmaking instructor with the South Carolina Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities Teacher's Institute/ Summer 2005
National Art experiences:
- Worked on two projects with Christo and Jean Claude: Oct. of 1978 Wrapped Walkways, Kansas City, MO. and in the spring of 1983 Surrounded Islands, Key Biscayne, Fla.
- Art works published in two books: Simple Printmaking by Gwen Diehn; Lark Books 2000
- Closet Drama, cover for a book of poetry by Kandie St. Germain published by Bear Star Press 2001.
- Artwork included in the 2007 Kakalak Poetry, Charlotte, NC.
- Cover art for Delirium is a Disease of the Night by Richard Wink Shadow Archer Press 2008
Founding member of Contemporary Print Collective Upstate South Carolina
Workshops/ open studio:
- Contemporary Print Collective group invitation to demonstrate printmaking media with Artisphere 2016
- Fall 2010-Photo polymer intaglio workshop with Greenville County Art Teachers
- Solar Plate printing workshop at Picture This Art Gallery July '09
- Monotype workshop at Picture This Art Gallery July '09
- Presented numerous printmaking workshops for Upstate Visual Artists, Converse College, Brevard College, School District of Greenville County Summer Academy, All Arts Day and the Oconee County Art Educators.
- Participated in Greenville Open Studios 2002-11
- Dec.2014-Jan. 2015 Running with Crows, Solo exhibit IF Art Gallery, Columbia, SC
- Nov. Dec. 2011 Square Deal- Open Studios participants exhibition
- November 2011-Solo Exhibit with IF Art Gallery, Columbia, SC
- Aug. Sept. 2011- 22nd Annual Juried Competition- Dalton Gallery, Center for the Arts, Rock Hill, SC, received honorable mention
- April-May 2011 Something to Crow About, invitational group exhibit, Upstairs Art Space, Tryon, NC
- March 2011-Octo-Print 8 Printmakers exhibition at Art and Light Gallery, Greenville, SC
- 2010- 33rd Annual Juried Art Exhibit Pickens County Museum of Art
- 2009 Oct. Center Stage Exhibition with Catherine Labbe'
- 2009 June - Solo Exhibit ,Picture This Art Gallery; Hilton Head Is.
- 2009 April- S. Chapp and Bob Chance two person exhibit , Trillium Arts Centre, Tavelers Rest, SC
- 2009- Principles and Perspectives in Progress Clemson National Print and Drawing Exhibition
- 2009 March- USC Aiken, Solo Exhibit of Prints
- 2009- Souther Graphics Council Traveling Print Exhibion juried by Warrington Colescott.
- 2008-09- Critters: Animals, Nature and Man, Pickens County Museum of Art and History ; Pickens, SC
- 2008- South Carolina State Museum 20th Anniversary Juried Exhibition.
- 2008- Jan. - March, Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art, Charleston, SC
- 2007- Dec. Construction Crew-III Gallery 80808 Vista Sudios, Columbia ,SC
- 2007- June, Art Current Group Exhibit
- 2007 30th Annual Juried Art Exhibit, Pickens County Museum of Art
- 2007 March, Upstate Visual Arts Group Show
- 2006- Nov."Brothers In Art" Exhibition with my brother, Jeffery Chapp at the Pickens County Museum of Art.
- 2006-Feb. "Conflict and Resolution" a solo exhibit of prints, oil pastels and acrylic paintings at the Conn Gallery, Landrum, SC.
- 2006- South Carolina Birds; a traveling exhibit currated by Wim Roefs at the City Gallery, Charleston, SC,
- 2005 -Upstate Visual Artists (UVA) Art In The Park merit award
- 2005- Artisphere Arts Festival, Invitational artist, Greenville, S.C.
- 2004- South Carolina Birds Exhibit; Currated by Wim Roefs shown at the Sumter SC. Gallery of Art, and the Burroughs-Chapin Art Museum in Myrtle Beach , SC.
- 2003-received purchase award for Intaglio print "Shadows at Bend" in Pickens County Museum's S.C. Juried Art Exhibition.
- 2002- received Best of Show Art in the Park $1000. award
- 2002- Open Studio Artists exhibit Greenville County Museum of Art
- 2001- received $500. merit award from the UVA Art in the Park
- 2000- selected for the UVA , Art in the Park exhibit
- 2000- Faces of the Upstate, People and Landscapes of Upstate S.C., Furman University; Sponsored by the S.C. Arts Commission. “Views From the Edge.”
- 1998- Solo exhibit-Red Door Gallery , Anderson, SC
- 1994- Art at The Power House National Courage Exhibition, Cleveland, Ohio 2nd Place and monetary award.
- 1993- Hands at Work: a Celebration of American Book Crafts, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.
- 1991- This Years Model, Greenville County Museum of Art
- 1989- Clemson University MFA Gallery, Alumni Exhibit
- 1989- American Relief Prints: A Selection Exhibit, Three Rivers Arts Festival, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Print Portfolio Exchanges
- 2011 Shifting Plates: Up State SC Printmakers
- 2010 Exchange of prints with Greenville County artists and teachers
- 2003 The Short Story: Shades of Orange 14 large format prints
- 1989 Museum School of Art
- 1984 Clemson University and Northern Arizona State Art Departments exchange
- 1983 Clemson University, Arizona State University and Louisville School of Art exchange
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Va., Charlotte, NC branch; 3 works at Pickens County Museum of Art; Fine Arts Center, Greenville, SC.; AnMed Health Campus, Anderson SC., Clemson University Dept. Of Art, and numerous independent collectors.
Be the first to post a comment.
Buy original art locally ! RSS